Book Publication: "The Impact of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the Online Advertising Market”
Skiera, Bernd / Miller, Klaus / Jin, Yuxi / Kraft, Lennart / Laub, René / Schmitt, Julia (2022)
The boook is available via several channels:
Amazon (printed & Kindle): https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09S185DRL.
Digital version (as „Pay what you want“): https://leanpub.com/gdpr-impact.
Only online: http://www.gdpr-impact.com/.
The aim was to write a book in a language that is accessible to the public that enables the reader to learn:
- Why and how the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) impacts the online advertising market, particularly advertisers, publishers and users.
- How advertisers and publishers leverage users’ personal data to pursue their goals.
- Which aspects of the GDPR are most relevant for advertisers, publishers and users.
- How complex it is to go through the process of obtaining user permission for personal data processing, and how IAB’s Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF) intends to help.
- How many firms a publisher provides with access to its users’ data, and how long it takes a user to respond to all permission requests.
- Which developments are taking place with regard to personal data processing, among players in the online advertising industry, as well as among regulators and consumer protection agencies
Congratulation to the authors!